Golden Visa Spain: What is it?
Do you know what the Golden Visa Spain is? It is an approved law by which the residence permit is granted to foreigners who invest in Spain. This is a great way to encourage foreign investors to invest in this country.
This investment can be in several ways:
- For the purchase of real estate (minimum 500,000 euros).
- Through the economic contribution in shares of a company (minimum 1 million euros).
- By investing in public debt (minimum 2 million euros).
- Present a Business Project of general interest, which creates employment, contributes to technological and / or scientific innovation or has a socio-economic impact in the local area (without a minimum investment, designed for entrepreneurs who start their project in Spain).
- Have a bank account in a Spanish bank (minimum with 1 million euros in the account).
What are the requirements to obtain a Spanish residence permit?
The first step is to apply for a one-year visa residence by making one of the investments mentioned above. Afterwards, you can apply for a two-year residence permit.
For this, there are the following requirements:
- You must have traveled to Spain at least once in the year prior to the application.
- The investment you made to obtain the residence visa must still be valid.
Documents needed to apply for the Golden Visa Spain
- A presentation from the Land Registry (certificate), notarial deeds and proof that the deeds have been filed with the Land Registry.
- A passport valid for at least one more year.
- Two photographs.
- Proof of financial solvency.
- Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Birth certificates (if you have children).
- Proof of valid medical insurance in Spain.
- Proof that you do not have a criminal record: To do this, you will need to obtain the FBI background check, and that this document is apostilled (we explain it below).
One of the most necessary documents: the apostille of the FBI report
Among the many documents that are needed to obtain the Golden Visa, we want to focus on two: the FBI background check and the apostille.
The criminal record report is, basically, a federal document issued by the US authorities that proves if you have any arrests on the criminal record sheet. If there are, it usually shows the date, reason, and disposition (even if the charges have been prescribed or the charges dropped). Do you want to see what this document looks like? Here you can see it.
Once you have obtained your report from the FBI, what you will need to do is apostille it. If you don’t know what this means, we will explain it here. The apostille will help you make that FBI report valid in Spain.
We process this document every day, 365 days a year: the apostille of the FBI background check.
If you wish, we can carry out this procedure for you, so that you forget it, leaving it in the hands of professionals.
You simply have to follow these three steps:
- Get your criminal history report from the FBI (here’s how to do it).
- Send us your document so that we can apostille it directly at the US Department of State.
You will receive the apostilled document at your address. EASY, COMFORTABLE and PROFESSIONAL.